This 1949 Mercury, also known as the original “lead sled,” is sure to conjure up nostalgic memories of days long ago. Handcrafted by Scott Nelles, this retro car with rolling wheels was sand-cast from aluminum and bronze.
Scott has worked in cast bronze for over three decades. In his foundry and studio located in northern Michigan, he designs and creates everything from decorative art to toys. Using the timeless methods of sand-casting and hand-finishing, Scott creates objects of beauty, strength, and whimsy. His work displays a childlike playfulness, elegant design, and superb control of his medium.
- Artist: Scott Nelles
- American-Made in Williamsburg, Michigan
- 1949 Mercury with rolling wheels
- Sand-cast from aluminum and bronze
- Other cars sold separately
- Dimensions: 2” H x 6″ W x 2″ D
1 in stock