Guidelines for Submitting Artwork
We are not accepting any submissions at this time and do not plan to take any new artist submissions for 2015.
PLEASE do not drop by the gallery with unsolicited artwork.
Grovewood Gallery features contemporary and traditional fine American crafts. We currently represent over 500 artists from around the United States, so space for new work is very limited. If you are interested in submitting work for consideration, you should first visit us or review the work on our website to assure your work compliments the style and aesthetic of our gallery.
New Artist Review Dates:
No upcoming dates have been scheduled.
In addition to quality of design and craftsmanship, factors that impact acceptance include:
- Conformity with our merchandising focus
- Availability of display space
- Ability to maintain consistent production
All submissions should include:
- Cover letter
- CV or resume
- Artist statement
- A current representation of your work in one of the following formats: (1.) Samples of your work - include titles, medium and retail prices (2.) CD with up to 10 images of your work (jpg or tif format) - include titles, medium, dimensions and retail prices
- Website address if available
- List of galleries that carry your work
- Self-addressed stamped envelope, or return pick-up labels with postage paid, to return your materials if you are not picking them up in person
If you submit samples, please plan to pick up your work 2 weeks after the New Artist Review date. Grovewood Gallery is not responsible for damage to fragile items or shipping costs.
We will do our best to respond to each individual submission within a 2 week time frame.
All materials should be mailed in one packet to:
Attn: Cheri Hoefelmeyer (New Artist Review)
111 Grovewood Rd.
Asheville, NC 28804
ALL FURNITURE INQUIRES SHOULD GO THROUGH KAREN KENNEDY (Furniture Director)