Antique Car Museum

A popular attraction on the Grovewood grounds is the Estes-Winn Antique Car Museum. Established in 1965 by Asheville businessman Harry Blomberg, the museum is home to several rare and vintage automobiles, as well as some original horse-drawn carriages and Asheville's own American La France fire engine. The cars have been preserved in their mostly original and running condition.

ADMISSION IS FREE (donations appreciated)

Tour groups are welcome. The museum space is available to rent for small private events (50 guests or less). Please call at least six weeks in advance to reserve space (828.253.7651). Extended hours are available for private events.

MUSEUM HOURS

Open:
Monday - Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 11am - 5pm

Closed:
During the winter months of January - March


YEAR    VEHICLE DESCRIPTION

1913     Ford Model T Touring (also called “Tin Lizzie” and “Flivver”)
1915     Ford Model T Touring (also called “Copperhead”)
1916     Willys Overland Touring
1922     REO Flying Cloud Touring
1922     American LaFrance Fire Truck (Type 20)
1925     Dodge Brothers Touring (4-door)
1926     Cadillac (7 Passenger Limo)
1927     LaSalle Phaeton (4-door)
1928     Pontiac Sedan (4-door)
1928     Chandler Sedan (4-door)
1929     Ford Model A Coupe (with rumble seat)
1929     Chevrolet Sedan (4-door)
1932     Chevrolet Business Coupe
1940     Packard 120 Coupe
1940     Buick Century Sedan (4-door)
1950     MG TD Roadster
1955     Cadillac Sedan (4-door)
1957     Cadillac Eldorado


HORSE DRAWN VEHICLES:
The Estes-Winn Antique Car Museum has four carriages including a Stanhope Gig made by Brewster & Co. (New York, NY) and a Surrey made by Henry Hooker & Co. (New Haven, CT).


The museum also features three Roycroft chandeliers and an authentic moonshine still!