Grovewood is a family-owned, fine crafts destination located in a beautiful historic setting in Asheville, NC, adjacent to The Omni Grove Park Inn. We showcase traditional and contemporary craft, all handmade by American artisans. Grovewood Gallery has received several honors, including NICHE magazine’s Retailer of the Year and the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
Grovewood is also home to Grovewood Studios (9 working artist studios), the Estes-Winn Antique Car Museum, the North Carolina Homespun Museum, as well as Asheville’s new Greek and Mediterranean restaurant, Golden Fleece Slow Earth Kitchen. Free parking is available on site.
Grovewood is housed in the former weaving and woodworking complex of Biltmore Industries (built during 1917-1924), an Arts & Crafts enterprise once renowned for its hand-loomed fabrics.
Our sister gallery, Gallery of the Mountains, is located inside The Omni Grove Park Inn, just across the street from us!
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- 2014 Best of WNC Presented by Mountain Xpress - Craft Oriented Gallery (2nd Place)
- 2008 Retailer of the Year by NICHE magazine
- 2008 Sky High Growth Award by the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2005 Top Out-of-State Retailer by Kentucky Crafted
- 2004 Top Out-of-State Retailer by Kentucky Crafted
- 2005 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
- 2004 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
- 2003 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
- 2002 Retailer of the Year by NICHE magazine
- 2001 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
- 2001 Business in the Arts Award by Asheville Area Arts Council
- 2000 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine