Grovewood Gallery, which will mark its 25th anniversary in 2017, is a nationally recognized gallery that showcases fine American art and craft. The gallery is housed in the historic weaving and woodworking complex of Biltmore Industries, located adjacent to The Omni Grove Park Inn in North Asheville. The gallery is open daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. Free parking is available on-site.
Grovewood is also home to Asheville’s only Antique Car Museum, the North Carolina Homespun Museum, Golden Fleece Restaurant, 9 working artist studios, and an outdoor sculpture garden. The property, with its six cottages built from 1917 - 1924, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Our sister gallery, Gallery of the Mountains, is located inside The Omni Grove Park Inn, just across the street from us! Gallery of the Mountains features over 100 local and regional artists of the Southern Appalachians.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- 2016 Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Month (September)
- 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- 2014 Best of WNC Presented by Mountain Xpress - Craft Oriented Gallery (2nd Place)
- 2008 Retailer of the Year by NICHE magazine
- 2008 Sky High Growth Award by the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2005 Top Out-of-State Retailer by Kentucky Crafted
- 2004 Top Out-of-State Retailer by Kentucky Crafted
- 2005 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
- 2004 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
- 2003 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
- 2002 Retailer of the Year by NICHE magazine
- 2001 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
- 2001 Business in the Arts Award by Asheville Area Arts Council
- 2000 Top 10 Retailer of American Craft by NICHE magazine
Payments Methods Accepted – We accept all major credit cards including: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Payment available through PayPal, or contact the gallery directly.
Layaway – Grovewood Gallery offers a layaway option for our customers. Payment schedule will be set up by gallery staff with customer needs in mind. Please contact the gallery directly for this payment option.
Shipping/Handling – We ship FedEx ground and USPS. In stock items usually ship within 48 hours. Please allow 5 to 8 business days to receive your order. Insurance is included with your shipping cost. Please contact the gallery for expedited shipping service. White
Glove Delivery Service – Delivery service for larger items is available for customers who live within a 5 hour driving distance from Asheville, NC.
1 person delivery: $65 per hour
2 person delivery: $80 per hour
- Guaranteed delivery day (we provide a 1 hour or less delivery window).
- Experienced staff member makes your delivery.
- Delivery service includes unpacking, assembly (if required) and placement of furniture or sculpture (installations not included in pricing).
Damaged Items – If you receive an item that has been damaged in transit, please save the original packaging material and contact the gallery within 3 business days. We will replace the item if possible or issue a refund.
Return Policy –If your purchase does not meet your needs, or you are not satisfied with the item received, you may return it to us within 15 days in the original condition and in same packaging material. Refund, exchange or merchandise credit will be given. Sales are final for any special commission, custom order or reduced price items. Return shipping and handling charges are at customer’s expense.
Custom Orders - Please inquire if you have specific needs for a custom item. Many of our artists are willing to customize their current designs within a reasonable limit. Deposit of 50% is required.
Special Commissions – Several of our furniture artists are willing to create commissioned items. Please call or email our staff to discuss your needs.
Outdoor Sculpture Installations – We are able to assist you with your installation needs for site specific garden sculpture. Hourly fee will apply.
Gift Cards – Gift cards are a great way to shop for someone who has everything! Cards may be purchased in any amount and mailed to recipient for you. Please contact the gallery directly for gift card purchases.
Gift Registry – The Grovewood Gallery staff are pleased to assist you in registering for special occasions. Let us help you find the perfect gift for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays or other future events.
Complimentary Gift Wrap – Includes white or kraft colored box with hunter green ribbon.